This is my experience with Steinberg customer support and service regarding a matter that I initially opened a case for over a year ago.
It is not good…
After countless hours over the past year trying to suss out the problem I finally traced it to an incremental update, 6.03. After that update video playback ceased working. Part of this update was a so-called improvement to the video engine that rendered my system useless for playback from within Cubase. It would have been fine if the “improvement” had been in 6.5 but it was part of the incremental updates to 6.0 that include bug-fixes. As a result, all bug-fixes beyond 6.03, are unavailable to me.
Let me be clear. When I purchased Cubase 6.0 my system was working fine; video playback was solid. An “improvement” implemented within an update for bug-fixes rendered my system unusable for its intended purpose. This wasn’t the result of an upgrade to a new version; it was an update withing the existing version, the same version I purchased which, heretofore, had worked as advertised.
A rep offered a solution about a month ago that was equitable and, after a few days of consideration, I chose to accept the offer but since then I keep getting told management is working on a solution that I’ll hear about “soon”, “tomorrow”, “end of week”, and that was only after someone suggested I consider upgrading to 7.0; trying to turn my tech support query into an opportunity to up-sell. I’ve tried to be polite and patient. I hoped my issue could be resolved in a more discreet fashion but a year is quit enough.