Steinbergs Vision

Hi=)

Steinbergs official “vision” is:

" Our vision is to be the first choice for people interacting with sound and music "

-What does this mean?

My first thought was:
Oh , so your vision is not to be the best audio software, but to act like a “gateway drug” into the world of audio… - the beginners first choice so to speak… they do not care to be the best, but get all the “first dabblers money” - the bait of the industry…
(you dont care about developing the software to be the best it can be , but are worried about gaining more users)

then I thought, wait, there may be something lost in translation:
Ah, you mean that you want to be the defacto go-to software for all matters of audio…

How would you interpret that statement?

=)

There’s nothing lost in translation here. Where are you from? What’s your native language?

I asked first;)

where are you from btw? what is your native language? Can I see your ID please? - no, it doesn’t matter lets keep this thread on topic :wink:

:wink:

" Our vision is to be the first choice for people interacting with sound and music "

-What does this mean?

1. It means what it says
  2. Being the BEST is neither implied nor stated. IF this were the case Cubase/Nuendo would be in ALL Pro studios as the preferred STANDARD such as PooTools is now
  3. New users fill the coffers
  4. First choice means just that, buy our software first. Then switch to Reaper when you cant handle the bugs

clearly double-speak…

It is what you want it to be;)