Steiny, could you please drop UPS... The end.

Just to give my 2 cents here.

We haven’t been quiet here because there is nothing we can do from here as Asknet covers the complete logistics as an independent company and the emails you received from Asknet should hold all the information needed. The choice of the delivery company is up to them and we are not even a big player among their clients so there is no way to change that for us. Also, I really think that every parcel service fails to deliver goods in time. I have had my share of experiences with that. UPS, DHL, Hermes, etc. Usually it works well, but from time to time it simply doesn’t. It’s good to know that Asknet gave you your refund and that you are finally able to use Cubase! Sorry for all this hassle!

Two words: download option

It saves time. It saves both the consumer and the manufacturer money. Items can’t be lost in transit. It improves margins since the retailer is now the manufacturer. And a few things I haven’t thought of, probably.

I just do not get the reluctance and the procrastination by Steinberg/Yamaha on this issue. It could be established in a matter of hours, literally.

+1

Last summer I bought a package from IK Multimedia that now are after unpacking and installation around 30GB. No big deal. It just worked.

Environmental friendly as well. No big box, no “jewel cases”, no transportation …

Since the paper manual seem to be a thing of the past there’s just no point in hanging on to sending boxes around the world anymore.

Damn … the dongle! :imp: :mrgreen:

I did forget about the dongle. You can buy dongles at most retailers these days… and, I think a significant number of folks who chose the download option are going to be current users who already have a dongle. Maybe it’s time for another protection scheme… didn’t I read where C6 has already been hacked? Aren’t there other solutions that are more resistant to hacking, like challenge-and-response? I’m not sure how UA does protection – I think it’s tied to the DSP card – but I do know that UAD plugs have never been hacked (as in, by-passing the timed demo setup)

C6 has already been hacked?

Nope

Cheers,

Chris

Looks like it has Chris. Google search reveals it has anyway. Might be bullcrap though…

You can also download Cubase 7, Cubase 8, Cubase 9.
From about 2000 sites even check out what will be in Cubase 13 … FOR FREEEE!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
:mrgreen:
Google is your friend, or something … :confused:

Might be bullcrap though…

It is.

I check the internet everyday regarding (new) cracks of our software.

Cheers,

Chris

Aloha,

Agreed.
IMHO
This is one reason this board is so much kooler than before.
It might be a PITA but the dongle thang works.

and the

challenge-and-response

approach can also
be problematic at times.
{‘-’}