Stemless notes in Dorico 3

Hi,
How do we put stemless notes in Dorico 3?
I have found online tips for Dorico 2, but apparently it is not the same way in Dorico 3.
I went to engraving options -> notes -> stems -> default stem length = 0, but it still has a short stem, very small but you can see it.
I also tried to put negative numbers (for example, -4), but it made no difference.
Is there an easy way to do it?
Also, is there a way to have some notes stemless and others with ordinary stems?
Thanks.

In the Engrave mode properties, there is a button labeled “hide stem”. I wonder what that does … :wink:

Sorry, I can’t find that option. When I go to Engrave Menu, there is no “properties” there, rather there is “Engraving options” (Dorico 3).

Engrave mode. The properties panel is the one at the bottom of the screen.

Oh, you have to click on the arrow at the bottom to open it, and then scroll to the right to find it.
Ok got it, thanks.
However, I have to do it for every single note. Is there a quicker way to do it, for example, as Finale in which you select staff, click with the right button and select “Stemless Notes”?

No, but there’s nothing to stop you from selecting a whole load of notes, or selecting a passage and then going Edit > Filter > Notes and Chords, then switching to Engrave mode and selecting that property.

1 Like

Got it, thanks a lot!

Hi, sorry to bring this old topic back to life, but in my case there is: the condensed staves are not selected this way, so for every condensed stave I have, I have to do it manually, unless I’m missing something? Sorry if I did. (I’m on Dorico 3.5 btw.)

Welcome to the forum.
Even in Dorico 3.5, in Engrave mode, you can select the first note, Cmd/Ctrl-click the last note, then type Cmd/Ctrl-Shift-A (Select More) to select all the notes in between. Then set the property once.

Jul-05-2022 16-56-17

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply and very handy solution! The adjusting from Sibelius is more bumpy than expected, but there are certainly some positive sides to it. Thanks again.