Step Input Multiple midi tracks at once?

Hi all,

Is it possible to step input, multiple midi tracks at once? I cannot figure it out and the manual didn’t say anything about it. I tried finding a youtube video and google but nothing. I even tried doing a step input recording on the folder track to see if it would hit all the tracks but it only hits the top one.

I want to be able to go back and do a “merge” recording on multiple tracks at a time, to input keyswitches etc. using step input.

Thanks,

Maestro2be

I’ve never found a good way to do this, more’s the pity. The best that I can offer is to do your keyswitching on a separate MIDI track, and using a virtual MIDI cable include it as inputs in all other MIDI tracks. I haven’t tried this, but is seems as if it ought to work.

If you actually want KS in all tracks, there are quicker ways than manually opening each Key Editor, but they are rather clunky and won’t save a huge amount of time.

DG

Thanks Daryl, I might try the midi channel trick. I know I could step record the one track and then paste it on all of my other tracks but I would have to modify my workflow to do this (as it would need to be done first in my case, prior to note massaging). I would just have to remember to do it but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Perhaps it would even be more of a smooth way of working, won’t know until I try it.

I am going to try your idea though to see how well that works. If it’s a better option I suppose I could incorporate a track in each section just for this purpose in my template and hide them until needed.

Maestro2be