Stephen Galvin - New material - Pre Release - By Your Side

The second of this series.

Again - minimal compression and natural transients.

I am particularly interested in how this track sounds through some good monitors at higher levels,

and any other observations regrading style, vocals, bass, guitar-playing, the state of mankind in the modern world, good coffee, and other matters… the weather… :sunglasses:

Hey there,

I’m no pro. Just self taught here so I might not be the best person to listen to, but here is what I thought.

I like the song. groovy and cool. Vocal has a nice rasp to it :slight_smile: hahah . interesting. Maybe some throw in some higher notes? Again that’s just my taste, but I think the style of song is too soft, so maybe I’m completely WRONG!

I’m listening on my studio monitors as I type. I notice the volume is not the loudest, but nothing I don’t mind.

Seems like somewhere there is too much bass. Again I’m not pro so I don’t know what exactly it is… :confused:

Drums sound great to me. I like the ambiance it has. Love those snare pops!

Guess that’s all.

[quote=“mrd777”]
I like the song. groovy and cool. Vocal has a nice rasp to it :slight_smile: hahah . interesting. Maybe some throw in some higher notes? Again that’s just my taste, but I think the style of song is too soft, so maybe I’m completely WRONG!

I’m listening on my studio monitors as I type. I notice the volume is not the loudest, but nothing I don’t mind.

quote]

You do not have to be ‘pro’ to say what you think. You interest is more than welcome. :sunglasses:
What does ‘the style of the song is too soft’ mean?
Do you think the vocals are too gentle or the production needs more dynamic compression?

That sounds like a serious question I know. :nerd: