Stereo EQ in Cubase

Hello.

Is there an EQ in Cubase that lets me make changes to the left and right side of my mono track?
If there isn’t, what’s the good alternative?

A mono track doesn´t have a left or right side .

I’m speechless

Why ?

Is there an EQ in Cubase that lets me make changes to the left and right side of my mono track?

therefore

why not EQ’ing a mono track left/right, or mid/side? everything is possible. we aren’t working with analog tapes, o well, even then…

it can get a left/right, when an effect splits them…

Still don’t get it, of cause a mono track has no left or right, it’s mono
If you want stereo eq, use a stereo track, even if the source is mono.
That is how it always has worked in Cubase.
Many of us don’t use mono tracks, but use stereo tracks to record mono sources.
And no it won’t take up more disk space, hope that makes it more clear.

why not EQ’ing a mono track left/right, or mid/side? everything is possible.

of course :blush:

what do you mean “use stereo tracks to record mono sources”, a stereo bus, that uses two mono inputs?

i must admit that i sometimes confused. i only record vocals (and guitar, i am not a guitar player, but why not play a guitar…) mono.
if you look at the routing in cubase you see it split to first effect.
do i use mono tracks for vocals, i think i always make a stereo audio track, and then record. which leaves a mono file or not.
pffff.
i know my cubase, and other stuff… am i certainly nó expert, but not a noob (nothing problematic about being a noob, you must start).

i stop know, not my dongle in my laptop now, and not much time. i think now i can figure it out… most effects respond mono/stereo, themselves, and if you have waves, you have most of the times 3 types (mono, stereo, mono/stereo).

i shall go to the drawing board… first.

and i use also for vocals, sometimes left/right EQ, in Frequenz, automated… nice touch… left and right some Q’s automated.

if you look at the routing in cubase you see it split to first effect.

yours is different then mine

I guess your mono tracks are stereo and your stereo tracks are mono

with my Cubase the mono tracks are still mono (no left and right side)

i shall check it out. i never had problems, with what i want to achieve.
but i make a test.

What triggered my question is this video.

The part that starts at 6:30 where he EQ a guitar to sound wider. And as you can clearly see he uses MONO recording to widen it up.
I know I can just double the track, hard pan it left and right and EQ both sides separately but as he uses a EQ plug in for it I was just curious if there is something similar in Cubase already, beside the stereo widening we already have.
This usually sound like there was a flanger or chorus on it and this is not what I’m looking for.

he didn’t explain how it really works
if you insert these plugins on an normal mono track it will still be mono
so how can this do stereo widening?

the only way to do this is to insert a plugin POST panner since this is a panned signal and the real information on all this things is missing so far…

Cubase has no “post panner” inserts

Yeah agree not clear what’s happening and it might also be related to the architecture of his DAW.

But you can easily recreate this in Cubase.

1. Add a Stereo Audio Track.
  2. Drag the Audio Part that is on your Mono Track onto the Stereo Track
  3. Delete old Mono Track (optional)

Now any EQ that has separate L/R or M/S controls will work like in the video.

By the way this is an example of what peakae is referring to here. Although this would create it post-recording. But to record Mono on a Stereo Track just select a Mono Source/Input Buss for the Stereo Track.

The other common way to do this is to take your Mono Track and route it to a Stereo Group and do your EQ there.

thanks for explaining. and i knew it, but somehow i can’t get my head around it (and use melda plugins, i can work with them…), or better i can get my head around, but still a small short circuit when i think of it. why?

for vocals (and guitar) i create a audio stereo track, with a mono source/input.
it always worked well for me.
the only thing what confused me: you see a mono file on a stereo track (in the pool it is also a mono file, of course).
but it is a stereo track.

o well…

sometimes you built excessive complex tracks, and you know it all. and still you wonder… mono or stereo… what is it? yes stereo, but a mono file… and so on… low on impedance…