Stereo Mastering Template Disabling Right Speaker

Thread title says it all. If I bring up any other template or bring up empty both speakers are active. When I bring up Stereo Mastering the right speaker says “Inactive”. This just started today out of nowhere.

I am still running 7.0.0 so I probably should upgrade but before I do, has anybody else run into this problem?

I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s causing it.

[quote=“Wagtunes”]If I bring up any other template or bring up empty both speakers are active. When I bring up Stereo Mastering the right speaker says “Inactive”. This just started today out of nowhere.]/quote]
And where exactly does it say that - or does you speaker actually talk…?

In Device Manager it says inactive. The only reason I even checked is because I went to master a song and I was only getting sound out of the left speaker.

Well, I downloaded and installed 7.0.5 and the problem still isn’t fixed. But at least I figured out what’s not working.

If I change the driver to the direct ASIO driver, it works fine. If I change it to my low latency driver it doesn’t. Normally I wouldn’t care, but since I have latency issues with the EWQL stuff, I’d rather not use the direct driver.

I do have two workarounds.

1. Use the direct driver only for mastering, meaning I have to change devices every time I bring up the mastering template.

2. Don’t use the mastering template. Just bring up an empty one and master from it. Doesn’t really matter I guess if you know what modules you’re going to use anyway. I realize the templates are just shortcuts.

Still, this is a weird bug and it just started happening. No clue what’s causing the low latency driver not to work correctly only in that template.

Did you check VST Connections to make sure the correct individual output busses are selected when the Template is loaded?

That’s the problem. It’s loading PCI 1 twice instead of PCI 1 and 2. Why is it doing that and how do I permanently fix it? I changed it, closed cubase up, reloaded it, brought up the template again but it went back to loading PCI 1 twice. How can I save this so that it loads PCI 1 and 2 each time I bring up Mastering?

You need to save it as its own template.

Great, but why did it happen in the first place? It doesn’t make any logical sense.

Just the way it is.