Stereo Output muted after update to 11.0.40

Hello together.
Issues with Low and High-Cut Filter in the stereo output. Since I’ve updated to 11.0.40 I don’t hear anything anymore as soon as I enable either the low or the high-cut filter on the stereo output main bus. At the moment I can’t figure out if this is really related to the update or just a coincidence. For sure I had no issues before the update with it. Anybody has had some similar issues since the update? Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi Martin.
I reloaded the project and now the issue is gone. I could reproduce the issue at least 4 times yesterday. As soon as I figure out a dependency I will get back to you.
Thanks.

Kind Regards
Paddy

Hello again,

I figured out how to reproduce it reliable.
I load my song project. I click on activate Low- or Highcut Filter in the main stereo output field while the song is running and then when I re-start my project with the low or high-cut filter from 0-position the stereo output is muted and can only be heared again, when I deactivate the filter. Hope this helps.

As the next step I will restart Cubase disabled preferences.

Cheers
Paddy

Hi Martin,

I checked it with starting the project with “disabled preferences”, but it did NOT solve the issue. Instead I’m seeing now that only when I activate the “Low Pass Filter” the issue appears, but when I only activate the “High Pass Filter” the issue is gone.

Kind Regards
Paddy

Hi,

Can you reproduce it with any project?

Is it the same, if you would create a new project from scratch now, save it and reopen it, please?

1 Like

Hello Martin,

currently I could only observe it in one project. When I just loaded the affected project where I disabled all effects/eqs from the stereo bus I could hear nothing anymore. So after removing all alterations from the master stereo bus I saved the project. Today I reloaded it with nothing on the stereo bus I was not able to hear anything beside the metronom click.

I then re-imported the project into a new project and now it’s working without issues so far.

Kind Regards
Paddy

1 Like