Stereo output only playing mono?

I loaded an instrumental into one of my tracks and have it set to stereo, but it’s obvious that it’s only playing one of the channels (from the instrumental) to the two channels of my output. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the output says that the left channel is 1 and the right channel is 2, but these are the default settings…

Sorry if my wording is hard to understand I’m a newbie and I don’t know how to describe this.

Was this a virtual instrument track that you created? If so what instrument was it you loaded? When you go to Devices>VST Connections>Output are both the left and right channel being mapped to an output?

The track is an .mp3 instrumental file that I did not create.
Both the left and the right channels are being mapped to an output, I believe.

I can hear out of both channels, it’s just that the stereo quality of the instrumental is lost. Right now, I’m pretty sure I’m hearing only the left channel of the instrumental out of both the left and right channels.

Hello Suu,

If you are hearing out of both the left and right channel with everything else but this isolated .MP3 (L Output 1 + R Output 2) and have confirmed that your VST Connections are set up Properly then possibly there is an issue with the imported file. Try taking the .MP3 file into iTunes or Windows Media Player and run the output through your audio interface to see if the .MP3 sounds the same or different.