Still crashing for no apparent reason

7.1 hasn’t really stopped some of the crucial work-killing crashes that i’ve been having since I bought the software. Its almost always taking place from within the Montage, working on large sessions with a lot of plugins. The most recent one was crashed for no clear reason - the montage was just playing along and crashed in the middle… The plugins are primarily Waves, Lexicon and UAD, nothing too esoteric here…

Lexicon PCM Native plugins in VST don’t display properly, or rather the top bar of the plugin window does not respond to close commands. As a result you can’t get close the plugin window at all.

I get ‘Wavelab 7 quit unexpectedly’ every time I close Wavelab right now.

I’m Mac OS10.6.7 MacPro 2008 – this program still feels quite beta to me and am a little concerned to be honest as I’m super deep in to projects that I can’t really complete because of the Lexicon issue (new to 7.1) and the unexpected crashes. I know someone recently retorted that ‘it works fine with Windows…’ but this Mac version seems far too unstable still irregardless of what is happening with Windows…

Thanks,
J

Crash notes attached.
another crash.pdf (69.9 KB)

Another crash attached. This one triggered from closing the plugin window of Waves API2500. It was an insert on a plugin clip.

Another issue is (maybe due to heavy plugin loads) but clip envelopes in montage do not playback properly. I get clicks when a clip starts which should be very smooth if I’ve drawn in a fade-in or whatever…
crash2.pdf (69.9 KB)

Lexicon PCM Native plugins in VST don’t display properly, or rather the top bar of the plugin window does not respond to close commands. As a result you can’t get close the plugin window at all.

This is a known issue in some VST plugins. Most plugin manufacturers have solved this issue now (which only showed up in WaveLab). Try with the latest version of this plugin.

Concerning clicks at the start of clip, I bet you have some plugin in the related clip? Try the option “Reset plugins when starting playback” in the Audio Montage preferences. This issue is usually caused by some plugin that don’t reset their internal buffer.

Philippe

Thanks Philippe,

I’ll try the reset plugins option! I realize it must be very complicated with hosting a lot of plugins inside clips, especially when there’s lots of clips in the montage…

The Lexicon is 1.1.3 which is the current version, but perhaps they haven’t fixed this yet

Best,
J