Still no bezier curves in automation!!!!!

Yes this is the only thing Cubase is lacking now. Clip/region based automation. Simple points to click for modulation track instead of this primitive node system! Cubase come on get with the program!!

+1 it’s time to step 10 years in this meter steiny.

+1 please. Curves and sample accurate!

Mike.

curvey curving curves please. also, right now.

When did this happen? Sorry it’s just I didn’t get the memo.

According to MTV (which is layers of irony), it happened in 2012. Or at least the “invasion” of it into the US. The takeover had already happened elsewhere by then.

well, we all know EDM is bollocks but sample accurate automation and bezier curves are surely very useful for proper music as well.

I don’t give a flying **** about EDM or Electronica. Been there - got bored with it.

The States is always about thirty or so years behind the curve. So yesterday. :laughing:

Bezier curves for automation? Who knew? Who cares? I’m sure I don’t.

I think I would rather have a click that works, drop down menus that work and a functioning MCU.

yeah maybe ‘edm’ was not the most strategic keyword to boost the importance of this feature request, but let’s not discard its importance. its benefit for sound-design in general cannot be disputed. (but i definitely support the MCU request, too. i don’t see that they should be mutually exclusive.)

I was just being flippant. As my wife says, just because I’m not interested in something does not make it unimportant.
Even so I am rather fed up with Steinberg’s lack of engagement with us punters and not offering a clear, or even a rough timeline for dealing with some of this stuff.
Oh yes and I still hate EDM.

Alas, the only thing keeping me from buying Cubase. Not that anyone cares about a trial version user, I still want to say that Cubase feels really inspiring in comparison to Logic and no bezier curves is really saddening – it’s really a MUST for appropriately-anal sound design now… after all, there’s barely any linear envelopes modulating real-life objects, synthesisers need this luxury, too. One can get by using MSEGs provided with a synth, but that’s a one-hit-wonder

Since EDM is for children - and the fact they listen to music in lossy formats or whist out their head’s in a club - would they even notice any sophistication in automation timing? :laughing:

Oooooh it’s been quite popular amongst the younger people for well over a decade actually. No one is going to send you a memo you have to get out every now and then.

It’s not my favorite genre, but come on man…what is the point of posting something so silly. the guy has a good point.

Yeah I know it’s a good point - only injecting a bit of humour hence the LOL after my post!

Well at any rate there are quite a few things related to electronic music that cubase is lacking in. I enjoy the cubase workflow when it comes to tracking guitars and bass and using things like superior drummer. However as soon as I want to make ‘real’ electronic elements I feel like I’m using a toy. Beat designer is…i mean where do we start. that thing is so ancient. Groove control SE, after several iterations, still only allows 8 samples per pad…all of the competitor software it is based off of use much more than 8 velocity triggered samples per drum.

It’s frustrating watching them fancy up the graphics with every update yet continue to refuse to fix these basic features. It forces us to buy all kinds of additional software and many people have to have a second DAW like ableton to have any decent kind of workflow.

What does it take to get steinbergs attention? I’ve seen people complaining about this stuff for years

+1

curves are possible in cb8. Check out this video Cubase 7 - Using Curved Automation - YouTube

But still a big +1 for curves, complex automation ability, adjust overall automation (like how Logic has it now…so sweet), region based automation.

BTW…

Pro Tools has also no bezier curves (!)
Pro Tools is industry standard.

So all is fine with Cubendo.

Why the hell one day DANCE MUSIC turned into EDM ???

Lets not compare ourselves to others… Its distracting…

Also, lets not just try to be ok with the “standard” lets be outstanding and set the standards.

P.s. Rip leonard, wb helge…