[STILL NOT FIXED!] Cubase 9.5.1 Pro - Windows 10 (1703 / 1709 confirmed) - Channel Meter Display issue

…and it’s only Windows 10 as far as I can see, my Windows 7 system isn’t exhibiting it.

Maybe they thought “let’s try out this crossed out format for lucky Win 10 users” but seems more likely that it’s a slip up somewhere. :wink:

That is interesting about Windows 7. I need to verify just with an old crappy HDD and setup W7 once again.
I have also a Windows 8 license, I may try that as well (wondering if it will not anyway be a preferred version since it has not the W10 dll limit).

Howsoever, I’d like that Steinberg acknowledges such issues too, especiallly via the official support channels, where I have a case open since now a month without any reaction!!

:imp:

I got now the official confirmation via my support ticket that it is a known bug and registered @Steinberg, though they cannot promise that it will be fixed with 9.5.20, they wrote their apologies.

Not good sounding news -.-

Greetz Shanahan

Who cares really, I bet they have bigger fish to fry.
It will be fixed sometime in the future, that is good news.

Was this ever resolved? I only ask as the new Nuendo version/merged with Cubase features now has this problem and it most definitely is a problem. Visually impossible to read meters clearly. Looks very unprofessional and meter channels can no longer be narrowed to a smaller width before the meter lines disappear.

Not fixed for me in 9.5.30.
I don’t know it this is related to some NVidia driver versions. Perhaps someone knows.

Here is the latest update on it:

Even with Cubase 9.5.30 it is not fixed and won’t be in the 9.5 version.
It will (may) be fixed with the successor version of Cubase 9.5 though (not yelling hurray here).
In the end it means bugs fixed only with charged update…

Not an issue with drivers etc. but the application

The graphics card is a red herring. On the same machine running both Nuendo and Cubase, there are no lines in N8.1 or CB9. Lines only appear on latest N8.2.0 and CB9.5.3 updates. When I launch N7 or CB9 on the same machine, there are no lines, ruling out the graphics card as an issue.

I also performed a fresh install to test on a new machine using an AMD card, same issue. As pointed out elsewhere this is an application issue that I hope our Steinberg devs will be sorting sometime soon.

This user posted earlier in the thread saying that Steinberg have confirmed the problem and (I guess) will fix it in due course:-

Re-Quoting my latest update to the situation (via Steinberg support ticket):

Even with Cubase 9.5.30 it is not fixed and won’t be in the 9.5 version.
It will (may) be fixed with the successor version of Cubase 9.5 though (not yelling hurray here).
In the end it means bugs fixed only with charged update…

In short: no fix in version 9.5

etchell, this is not very clear! Who has stated that it will not be fixed in the lifetime of version 9.5? Where is your quote from as it seems a very strange and somewhat contradictory reply.

It’s amazing how much this little thing bugs me. Hope they fix it soon. :unamused:

Regards :sunglasses:

Steinberg Support has stated this in reply to my support ticket, which is in German, hence I did not quote the German reply here.
But if you can read German, you will find it here:

Or you may open an own support ticket with Steinberg in your preferred language that you may get the same response.

Regards

Many thanks

Quote from Steinberg sent to etchel. Taken from their earlier post
_"As I wrote in my last reply, there are other priorities for fixing all bugs. The problem will be solved in the future by the replacement of graphic components, but this will happen only in the next successor version of Cubase. Currently, this bug has no priority because there are even more important aspects to fix.

Thank you for your comprehension!"_

Yeah!
Finally someboday was graceful and fixed the “pain in my ays!” :slight_smile:

Thanks Steinberg

Yes, fixed in 9.5.40 and Nuendo 8.3 too.