STIM format for parts

Hi, would it be possible to add the Swedish Stim-format = 275 mm x 350 mm
to the page sizes. I made the format for the parts, but in Print mode, there is no such option unless using the Mac print dialog. Or to have a custom field.

Jesper

Edit: That is width = 275 mm and height = 350 mm of course

1 Like

It would also be nice to have the B-Formats (B4, B3 etc.) in layout options.

I have B4 there but not B3.

Jesper

Actually it seem to use STIM, as setup in Layout Options when exporting to PDF.
Altthough the preview is A4

Jesper

+1. I’d even settle for a hackable way if one is possible. For example, in Finale there’s a file called pagesizes.txt that can be hacked to add page sizes to the program. As I use 9.5x12.5 for parts (Dorico already has this) and often 11x14 for jazz scores, it was easy to manually add these to the program.

FinPageSizes2

A way to add 11x14 would be useful for me anyway. There’s no configuration file for Dorico that’s already hackable for this, is there?

I just looked in the application package, and not that I could find.

Jesper

1 Like

Yes, the PDF export should always reflect the Layout Options and be correct even when the preview is wrong. As there’s no way in the Windows version of Dorico to access the system printing setup, there is currently no combination of settings in Dorico that will allow me to correctly print to 9.5x12.5 paper on my Ricoh SP6330n printer, so I’ve gotten in the habit of ignoring the preview and just printing from PDFs anyway. It would be nice to be able to print from Dorico, but I always make PDFs of everything anyway so it’s not really an extra step.

1 Like

Yes, I meant more of them. B4 is close to 11x14, but in general I feel the B formats are more suited for music than the A formats.

I agree with you.

Jesper