Stop Clip Plugin List Popup

Is there any way to stop getting the clip plugin list popups that appear when you hover over a clip name?

Also there’s an “activate effect window” selection on the popup, but it doesn’t seem to do anything here, on Windows 7.

Not such an option.

Thanks PG. I’ll probably be back with reasons why I think it should be optioned, like if you have a montage with a lot of tracks and you’re zoomed-out, the clips are not very tall and the popup makes it hard (or at best, distracting and annoying) to individually select the clips because the name fills most of the clip size, so it’s hard not to get the (in many cases, annoying) popup. But I’ll probably have some other reasons too. I don’t want the popup at all.

But regarding the “activate effect window” selection - why doesn’t that do anything? It doesn’t seem to switch to the effects tab if you’re on another tab. It doesn’t seem to do anything. If it should be doing something, it seems to be not working correctly on my computer. Win 7.

regarding the “activate effect window” selection - why doesn’t that do anything?

Bug to fix. This should activate the effect tool window.