Stop Reverb

I’m applying reverb to a VST instrument and I would like it to be clipped completely at a certain measure. How do I go about doing that? All help is appreciated.

Add it on a send and then automate mute the return channel
Automate the bypass
Render it and edit the audio

Hi Grim,
Thanks for the quick response. I assume you’re proposing three different approaches. My problem is that I don’t know how to go about automating a channel. Could you elaborate? Thanks!

Ahh, you’ve just asked Grim to write a small book explaining automation. Automation is a big topic. Your question is best answered by reading a description that is already written - the manual.
Because:
A) It will likely be a better written response (sorry Grim, in general you write just fine :wink: ).
B) It will be a more complete description.
C) It will include handy pictures.
D) It won’t use up a bunch of Grim’s time.

I used to be a software engineer. I’m used to reading and writing specs, manuals, proposals, etc. I have a film score due tomorrow. If I had the time to hunt for the info that can be explained in three sentences, I would not post to the forum. Perhaps I should post my own answer in a couple sentences after I find it so others can benefit…

1 Like

Here’s how it’s done:

1. Bring up MixConsole & locate channel to be automated
  2. Click W in the automation area (next to R)
  3. Playback at desired location and click or slide anything you desire to record automation
  4. Stop playback

Was this so hard?

1 Like

Exactly. And you got your answer quicker too.

That is not the point. I got lucky to find the answer so quickly. It was also at the cost of my creative process. Thank you so much for your kind attitude…

1 Like