Strange code at SL8 and Problems when activating the code

Yesterday I bought SL8 pro. The code immediately seemed strange: 00000-00000-00000-00000-00000. When entered into the licensor, he said that the eLicenser’s version was outdated. I have updated (6.12.7.1291). But the problem hasn’t gone anywhere. The code for SL8 pro is not correct. And besides, two licenses for Cubase 11 pro and SL7 pro were missing. I tried to activate again (enter the code for the products). But without results. I wrote to my support service, but since Saturday is earlier than Monday, I think they will not answer. The question is how can I return the licenses and what is wrong with the code on the SL8 Pro?

Hi,

Is the code really full of zeros, or was it just an example of the way, how does it look like?

Is it an Activation Code, or is it a Download Access Code?

You can return the product only to the seller. If you bought it on the Steinberg online shop, get in contact with AskNet, please. But first make sure, you are entering an Activation Code, not Download Access Code, please.

Hi Martin

Yes. This is the download code. Looked at the buy order. What should I do with it? And how do I get an activation code? And most importantly, how to return licenses for Cubase 11 pro and SL7 pro?

Hi,

Follow the instructions you get work the Download Access Code. Login to your MySteinberg account to get an Activation Code from the Download Access Code.

As I said already, return the product to the seller, you bought it from. And as I also said, if you bought it from Steinberg online shop, get in contact with AskNet.

Hi Martin
Thanks for the info. I figured it out. Received an activation code. But the problem went further. Can’t activate any licenses. The control center writes that it does not see the USB flash drive. How could this happen? I am currently unlicensed.

Hi,

As far as I know Spectra Layers doesn’t require USB-eLicenser. Do you see Soft-eLicenser Number on the main page of the eLCC application?

If not, use eLCC Helper to generate one.

Hi,
I did not understand the question. Number of the Center itself or version number or SL8 pro number? I don’t see any numbers there, to be more precise. Martin. The question now is how to return the license for USB drive. (Cubase 11 ) And even more interesting is how they disappeared from there after reinstalling the center :slight_smile:

Hi,

No, there is not Soft-eLicenser number, as I can see from the last screenshot. Install eLCC Helper, please.

Hi

This

Hi,

Yes, this is the eLCC Helper.

Hi
Martin, The Licensor’s code appeared, but when trying to activate your license for SL7, the following message appeared. What to do?

Hi,

Sorry, you said, you bought SL8, so I expect you would activate SL8 license.

Sorry, I don’t understand the message.

Make sure, you enter an Activation Code, not Download Access Code (as mentioned above).

Hi, Martin

I bought an update for the SL8 Pro. This means that you first need to register an SL7 Pro. I sent you the registration result in a screenshot. It says that the license has already been registered. I do not know what to do…(((

Yes, I’m sure I’m registering an activation code. And SL7 pro and SL8 pro.

Hi,

Then it seems, you have activated your SL7 Pro. In this case, you have to Reactivate to the new Soft-eLicenser.

This is dangerous?

Hi,

No. This is common praxis.

And will these activations be uploaded to usb drive?

Hi,

No. This will reactivate all licenses from your old Soft-eLicenser to the new Soft-eLicenser. Nothing more.

I do not understand. How then can I enjoy usb drive? Will he not be tied to software at all?

Hi,

It’s not a must to use the USB-eLicenser. But once you have your license activated, you can transfer it to the USB-eLicenser just by drag and drop the license to the USB-eLicenser icon in the eLCC application.