I was using version 12.0.63 of Cubase 12 Pro on Windows 11, and for no apparent reason the Cubase display has gone quite strange and pixelated.
On opening Cubase and a cpr file, the display is fine. But as soon as any action is undertaken, such as clicking on a track or on the transport panel, it reverts to the highly pixelated display (attached) which is really difficult to use.
Here are my conclusions and actions so far:
- There are no display problems on any other program (incl. Dorico Elements 4.3) or web browsing etc.
- I am using an HP Spectre with external monitor, but the problem reported also occurs if I just use the HP laptop display without external monitor.
- This occurs using any of my .cpr files, it is not isolated to a particular project. It also occurs using the downloadable demo file by Austin Hull.
- If Cubase is opened - but without loading a cpr - the display is OK including when clicking on the transport panel. Loading a cpr is when the problems start.
- I deleted my preferences file, uninstalled the previous version and updated to 12.0.70 but problem continues
- Checked all my monitor display settings (which had not been changed anyway)
- Ran a full virus scan on my PC using Bitdefender
- Have all the latest Windows updates installed
Any advice would be appreciated.