Strange Delay on VSti Tracks

I’m getting a weird behaviour on my VSTi Tracks.

When I send a midi note from my controller (press a key on my keyboard) that sounds as usual. However it then repeats from the VSTi in mono 3 or 4 times much like a mono delay would sound. There are no FX on the channel, no inserts, nothing. It’s a clean channel.
The mixer channel for the VSTi indicates signal when the delay sounds are played but if I go into the instrument there is no indication that additional midi signals are being received.
I have put a midi monitor on an insert on the track but that only sees the initial keyboard note on/off.
This happens on all my vsti instrument tracks, regardless of plug in.
I have disabled all my midi remotes and changed midi input devices but that makes no difference.
Help!

Is this only on one track in one project or globally in all projects?

I have no immediate idea, but what I would do for further analysis:
Create a new completely empty project and one instrument track with say Halion SE. Disconnect all MIDI devices apart from your keyboard.
If the delay is still there, create a MIDI part and draw in some notes with the mouse. If the delay is still there, I am out of ideas :neutral_face:

I’ve worked it out - for some reason my tempo track had got set to 1 bpm and the time signature was 1/4… very very slow……

So any synth that had a tempo sync was trying to achieve that!

Haha, were you trying to do John Cages “Organ2/ASLSP”? :smile:
Still funny that this should create delays of sorts, but good to hear that you sorted it out.

Arpeggiator ?