Strange Error Message everytime I start up Dorico

It doesn’t appear to affect anything I am doing but it consistently happens every time I start up Dorico. Should I be worried?

The audio engine is apparently crashing. Your reports will have been logged in our database, but they’re anonymised, so I won’t easily be able to find those specific reports to examine them. Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here. I’ll then be able to tell you something about what’s happening with the audio engine.

Here you are.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.8 MB)

Ah, unfortunately now the crash logs are not included in the diagnostics, for whatever reason. I think perhaps Dorico might delete them after it uploads them. Next time you encounter this message, click Don’t Send, then do Help > Create Diagnostic Report, and send me the diagnostics.

Done! Here ya go.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.8 MB)

It looks like SINE Player is the plug-in that’s crashing. I suggest you contact the good people at Orchestral Tools and send them this crash log. They know how to get in touch with us if they need any assistance from us to resolve the issue.

VSTAudioEngine5-2024-03-14-160847.ips.zip (13.3 KB)

1 Like