Strange multimeasure rest width

Hello community,
this is the first bar of this piece and the one-bar-rest is unnatural widely spaced. (and i can’t shorten it with any tool, like note spacing)

When i take the initial tempo mark out everything is as expected…
Is there any place in the option where i can stop this behaviour?

As you can see here, this is the 1bar-width i would like to have under the tempo but its in the middle of the piece…

Any ideas…?

Google Dorico tempo multirest, please.

Looked it all through, thank you.

But there is nothing that explains or covers why the measure with the “Allegro con fuoco” has a width problem and the measure with the “Allargando” in the second example does not…

If i reduce the text amount of the Allegro, the measure shrinks magically. But i can expand the allargando text without affecting spacing at all…

Either the allargando isn’t attached to the downbeat of the one-bar multirest, or there are different rules within Dorico for immediate and gradual tempo changes and allargando is treated as a gradual tempo change. I’m not sure on this point…

Can anyone recreate my problem…?
Bug or feature? Or do i miss some option…?

• Makes no difference what type of tempo mark it is, immediate or gradual. The initial tempo mark shifts the music apart according to the length of the text, but only in the part layout, the full score is constant.
  • So it has to do with the multirest, but there is no entry in engraving option, and also not in layout options, as it is a layout problem…
  • I experimented with some engraving options/rests entries, either numbered or not or different designs and widths, no difference…

Any ideas?

It’s not a bug, because Dorico is intentionally widening the multi-bar rest to take account of that tempo, but it’s certainly not always desirable, and improving this is on our backlog for the future.