Strange problem : Audio treatments do not work

All is working fine my side on windows xp32, windows 7 32 and mac snow leopard.

I never check the “Use default location” option but always rather tick the “Prompt for project location” option just below it.

This way each song/job i start gets its own unique folder, on one of many posiible drives. Even using external drives works flawlessly.

Perhaps try starting a new project using this method and see if the problem persists.

If I create a folder on my hardrive (D:), I cannot use the reverse audio.
But it works if I create a folder on hardrive (C:)…

Does Steinberg know about this problem?

No problems here doing what you guys are trying to do… and i NEVER store project folders on my C:.… NOT a good idea to be running audio from your system drive really.
Out of interest… the clips you are importing, are they read only by any chance? when you import them do you get a dialogue box asking if you want to copy them to the project folder also?

I’m not importing anything.
I create a total new project on harddrive D.
Then I record something and try to reverse the audio, but nothing happens.
But if do the same on harddrive C, it works…

Thanks.

Hello all,

I have the exact same problem since recently building a new computer and upgrading to Cubase 8 Pro.
Go the latest update and running Windows 8 64bit.

So, the problem -

1. Open a Project in R drive [or whatever drive used other than C]
  2. Import or Render audio clip
  3. Right click on audio clip. Process - Reverse clip
  4. The audio then plays back corrupted, static and wholly wrong.

This thread offers a workaround, which is to run the project in C drive but I find this undesirable.

I’d like to be able to keep my projects on my storage hard drives rather than my C drive.

Was this ever resolved?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Proober

After upgrading to Cubase8 did you copy & paste your old preferences and other stuff into the Cubase8 folder? Over the years I have found you really have to be careful about what you transfer over.

Hi Greggy,

Only just seen this reply, sorry, for some reason I didn’t get an email notification.

I haven’t consciously copied & pasted prefs etc into the folder, but that’s not to say some things haven’t found their way in there.

Why would this cause the problem mentioned in this thread do you think?

Many thanks,

P

Trashing preferences is a last resort option when I can’t think of anything else. Especially in this situation. Unfortunately I can’t remember the results or even what corrected this problem when I submitted a ticket request to Steinberg.

If this continues, I would suggest contacting technical support.

Ah! a shame you can’t remember the solution!

here’s a quick thought - were you using a 2496 soundcard?
if so did you change the soundcard to remedy the situation perhaps?

I’m running my old 2496 in win8, not been perfect since install a few weeks ago so have just bought an RME 9632.

Fingers crossed.

No need to cross your fingers with RME m8… Probably the best investment you’ve made to date as far as your DAW is concerned :smiley:
Regular rock solid driver updates and serious reliability… ask pretty much anyone on RME gear…
If the 2496 you’re referring to is the Maudio unit then you’re in for a treat… the difference is night and day :smiley:

Yes a 24/96 but I never changed the audio card.

I’m pretty sure the Steinberg rep did not give me a solution other than trash preferences. I think I would have remembered the remedy had he done that.

What happens when you start Cubase as Admin?
If you move your project to another drive, does Cubase pop up a message asking if you want to use the old or the new path?
Are there more users accounts on the computer?
Is Cubase installed for One or All users?
Sounds more like a privilege issue to me, I regularly move projects around and never have any issues.

aha, this is good news! looking forward to it arriving, cheers Mat!

I’ll try trashing prefs then, see if it helps. ta

I always open Cubase as Admin.
I’ve got the latest Cubase 8.0.10 Build 427 (64 bit) installed
Windows 8.1

This is my current test -

New Project > Set Location of new project to R drive
Record Audio > Copy Audio to new Channel
Right Click > Process > Reverse
Choose ‘create new file’ > New audio file is corrupt.

Occasionally the above test [in R drive] will cause Cubase to crash as soon as I try to process the audio clip.

If I do the above test in a project in C drive it works fine.

If I open the corrupt audio file to look at the waveform [in the same project] when I zoom in the audio information disappears [!] or is in chunks or appears one second then disappears the next. Very strange behaviour.

If I delete the offending audio clip, then re-import the same clip from the ‘Edits’ folder the audio is fine. Although this is a workaround, if I close the project and re-open the audio is corrupted again.

I’ve tried disabling all plug-ins>problem persists.

I’ve tried deleting prefs>problem persists.

New soundcard arriving this week may help but I’m not holding my breasts.

Does anyone have any idea why a project created in an alternate drive to C would be acting like this?

It’s very frustrating & difficult to find other threads with similar problems.

Any help greatly appreciated, I don’t know enough about computers to delve any deeper.

Hey so the RME arrived, installed and is great…

But the same problem persists :frowning:

Hi,
New user, first post etc. Just thought i’d mention i had the same issue just now.
I had it solved by moving my Project folder out of my Cubase folder. Seems it didnt like hanging in there.
Now processing audio bits works like expected. Perhaps it can be of help to someone…

1 Like

I know it’s a bit later now (apparently 6 years) and I don’t know if you’re still reading this, but your tip actually solved my problem which was the exact same as yours. I am so thankful that you posted this solution, it definitely was of help for me.