Strange problem with VST performace

Hello Friends,

Sometimes if I have a larger project and then add some effect to ex the voacal then the " VST perfromce " meter is going to " red" only for a short time so that it " scratches " a bit. You might then think it is beacuse my coumputer is to weak, but no, becasue I can just go into " device Setup" and thn I change the “audio priority” from normal to Boost and press Apply . Then the prblem stopes and I can change it back to " normal" again. Then all is fine and not “red” on the VST ASIO preformce anymore. Then if I then go through alot of effecets then it comes back. But I can then fix it like this ?

Is there a way to set it up so I dont have to do this ?

Thanks

Regards

Michael

Can you just leave it in boost?

Hi Withla,

Nope I tried to leave it in Boost. And today I started up Cuasbe 6 and stated to work on a project and the same problem occoured, so I chenged it to “Normal”, and now it is ok. So tomorrow when I go into the project I have to change it to Boost again. So it is a bit strange, that I have to do this now to have the " overload".

But if I am the only one having this problem then I will jsut continue to do what I have done :slight_smile:

Thanks

Reagrds

Michael

I can confirm this (Cubase 5.5.2). For me it has been like this since SX3. Behaviour of VST performance is different or let’s say worse until I touch the VST device dialog and change audio priority once to ‘boost’ and then back to ‘normal’. After doing this, the VST performance indicator display is much smoother at very low latencies, the risc for clicks and pops drops in a significant way, and the whole enginge feels more ‘stable’.

Ok great so I am not the only one :smiley:

So no one in here knows about a fix or has it ever been adressed to Steinberg ?

Regards

Michael

Try to uncheck multi processing if its checked. Maybe it helps.

Can we confirm this as a fixable bug Steinberg?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?