Strange spacing

I have a problem in line 3-6 in the attached example. The spacing before the last two eight notes is different than the spacing of the other lines.
I have tried to use command Engrave |Note Spacing | Reset (three options)
None of the commands seem to have any effect.

I would really try to avoid using manual note spacing because it is too tedious a tool for this problem.

Any ideas?

Can you guess what I am going to say? All together now:

“Please zip up and attach the project here. We can’t diagnose peculiar problems from pictures.”

I solved the problem using manual note spacing - after all, it was not that tedious :slight_smile:

We’ll remember it more easily if you set it to a tune we recognize :>)

Daniel wrote:

Can you guess what I am going to say? All together now:
“Please zip up and attach the project here. We can’t diagnose peculiar problems from pictures.”

I’ll remember next time, but actually, I believe this it is the first time I hear this song :slight_smile:
I only come here when I have problems I can’t find solutions for - and I do search before I post. BUT I would rather have a manual describing each and every feature of the program, making it possible to learn it probably without so much trial and error, and searching through forums and videos. I know it is on its way - and I really look forward to that.

I’ve just dealt with a very boring phone call and thought I might as well simultaneously reproduce your work, a-jensen.
I apologise if it’s in anyway inaccurate - I only spent 10 minutes on it and at least half my brain was dealing with the person on the other end of the phone!

tl;dr: Dorico’s defaults produce pretty even spacing. See attached.
a-jenson spacing problem renotated pianoleo.dorico.zip (674 KB)