Strange Tuplet Behavior

In my percussion section I try to move the ‘A’ down 3 steps:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-23 um 11.00.53.png
1 step to the ‘G’ works fine:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-23 um 11.00.46.png
2 steps to the ‘F’:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-23 um 11.00.38.png
No idea why this is.

It works fine for me, after choosing the second option for “Overlapping notes” and “Voicing” in Notations Options - Percussion.

Thomas

Possibly related to this issue

I had that chosen:

The strange thing: Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Even when I’m inputting notes, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-23 um 13.09.27.png
And the other strange thing: If I input tuplets in a row, all of a sudden (although I change nothing during the input), Dorico makes a sixteenth pause between the first and second 8s note in the tuplet. It really doesn’t happen all the time. Just every once and then. And my grid is set to 8-notes.
???
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-23 um 13.08.48.png

I suspect this comes down to what voice you’ve ended up in. If you want to use one voice, you really are best off going into Setup mode, editing the percussion kit, and making sure that all instruments are set to Voice 1 with stems pointing up.

Did that Leo - this was also Daniel’s advice a couple of days ago. The problems occured nevertheless…anyhow, the solution Daniel and you are suggesting is by far the best solution for writing jazz-drum-parts. I got the job perfectly done with that. Except the little things described above which happened every once and then. But also this was no problem. I re-entered the bar again or re-entered with the correct pitches and everything is/was fine.
So I’m cool here.
I think the ‘dorico-tuplet-percussion-kit-part’ is not 100% stable yet, though.