Strange warning

When I reinstalled cubasele8 after a fresh install it worked (acted like it always had)3 times and then a warning that I had no “sampler track” license and to retry(it wouldn’t let me open up cubase)…I retried and nothing happened and then I “cancelled” and after that the cubasele8 closes on its own. . It keeps doing that…any help? If I’m not mistaken sampler track doesn’t come in cubaseal8 so why is it warning and then crashing my cubaseal8? Maybe the folder that sampler track is in comes from one or another of cubase trial versions I use or uninstalled recently…it will not delete because I deleted it and every time I try to load cubaseal8 it shows back up in its folder…

Hi,

Did you have Cubase 9/9.5/10 Trial installed?

I think it was pro ten trial and then I uninstalled it.

Hi,

Does the license of Cubase 10 Trial expired already?

Do you open any project, you created in Cubase 10, and where was SamplerTrack used?

The trial didn’t expire and I deleted it or removed it because of space…couple of weeks back…but I removed it from elicenser I think…maybe that’s it, the computer has some lingered for 30 days trial files?..
ADDITION
The reason I’m being so particular about this is because I like doing the sort of “rough cut” projects in the smaller cubase 8 and then locate the project file in windows10 file explorer and open it up to tweak it over in cubaseai10.

Update
I contacted Steinberg(ticket email) and they said put an x before the folder name of any version of the cubase daw that I have. It somehow starts new preferences and that fixed everything…thanks

Hi,

OK, so you trashed your Cubase preferences. Good to know.

Here’s what they sent me…
Initializing preferences

Corrupted program preference files can bring your Steinberg program into all kinds of troubles, particularly after installing an update.
Fortunately, refreshing the preferences is quite easy:

Close all programs.
Open the ‘Run’ command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard simultaneously. The Windows key is located between the keys Ctrl and alt.
(To open the command prompt on Windows XP select ‘Run’ from the Start menu.)
In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example ‘Cubase 8.5’.
Rename it (for example, from ‘Cubase 8.5’ to ‘xCubase 8.5’) in order to hide it from your Steinberg software. The folder will only be hidden safely, if the change will be done before the original folder name.
If you find folders of previous versions of your program, make sure to hide or remove them, too.
Next time you start your Steinberg program it will create a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.