Strangely filtered CCs

For some strange reason Cubase seems to, internally, filter the following CCs:
16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 71, 74, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 102

The problem is caused by Cubase because:

1. It doesn’t matter which knob I use on the controller.
  2. All CCs show up on the Transport controls “MIDI in activity” meter.
  3. The CCs presented above does not show on the MIDI/Instrument tracks meter. All others do.

It’s not a problem with any specific MIDI/Instruments track. All tracks exhibit the same behavior.

The MIDI Filter in the Preferences does not filter any of these CCs. Is there another filter hiding somewhere within Cubase?

Is this a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

There is a separate MIDI Input filter on the Inspector. Have accidentally set one of those?

Or maybe VST and/or Track Quick Controls are routed to that device?

It is the VST/Quick Controls. If you turn them off you’ll be okay

Could you please be a bit more specific. I can’t find it.

It appears that the assignments in the Device Setup/VST Quick Controls are, at least, part of the cause. I assigned them to CCs 111-118, and those stopped working aswell. When I reassigned the Addresses in the VST Quick Controls panel to 0, CCs 111-118 appear to have started working again. Am I correct in assuming that any CCs that are assigned in in the VST Quick Controls panel are unavailable anywhere else in Cubase?

It does not explain why CCs 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 71, 74, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 102 seem to be filtered out aswell, though. The Track Quick Controls are not activated and all slots are unassigned. Is there somewhere else, where CCs are hogged in Cubase?

Also, I see no way of ”turning off” the VST Quick Controls panel, other than ”sacrificing” a CC and assign them all to it.