Stravinsky's Firebird with NotePerformer

Hi,

Again, this combo never ceases to surprise. This is just the score (original 1910 version), a few tempo changes, with no edits in Play to the various CCs. The last bar could have been made more ‘violent’, but it’s not all that far.

Paolo

13 Likes

Lol, no way could I ever program that using Cubase and Halion Symphonic Orchestra. I’d die of grief even before the flute entered. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That is wonderful! Now, if only Dorico could make us all as good a composer as Stravinsky :grinning:

Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

Sorry to bump old thread - would you ever consider sharing the Dorico project file?

1 Like

Would you be infernally grateful?

2 Likes

I suppose now with NPPE you could have even better string sounds… what a journey!

2 Likes

I know this is an answer that one would expect from the evil Kashchei, but no, I’m not ready to release it. It’s a messy score full of my own annotations and odd tricks. Maybe when it is more mature.

Paolo

1 Like

Something to absolutely try as soon as I can. The comparison should really be stunning.

I’m starting to wonder if it is time to write for NotePerformer. No longer an alternative – detailed mockup vs. NotePerformer – but editing the playback data considering how NP will react.

Paolo

3 Likes