Stream Deck macro keypad

You’re right, of course, Leo. And I had already done that on my own Dorico Stream Deck template. I was just talking about the Notation Express template “out of the box.”

And re: the screenshot I posted, you’re right again; I had already made the two changes you observed; I was just trying to show how comprehensive the tools are.

And Dan, are you saying you redesign the template every time you sit down to work, depending on what you’re working on that day? That sounds cumbersome to me. And re: your concern about erasing a shortcut, I’m sure you know about saving your profiles?

Anyway, the bottom line is, I’m a real fan of both Stream Deck and the new Notation Express Dorico layout.

No, I just mean I go into the sub-menus, click the particular function I want to bring to the top, and copy-paste it onto the “home” layer.

Well, I ordered mine yesterday, and it arrived by lunch today. Amazon is really upping their game. I was shocked.

Suffice it to say, this is awfully slick. I wish I had purchased one of these a long time ago. I’ve set up other profiles for other programs I use and it’s most expedient with repetitious tasks. This is my new favorite toy.

Leo, I gave it a little spin.

Well done, truly. Congrats!

Thanks Dan!

Hi Dan,
I have your profile in the unit now (thank’s to pianoleo…) and everything looks very nice :slight_smile:
But - although I’ve assigned Dorico as the application to load the Dorico profile nothing happens in Dorico. What am I missing ?
Also - I snatched your Macro script and Dorico shortcut list, but I don’t know what to to with them… :confused:
TIA :slight_smile:
Mads

For starters, you need to install Auto Hot Key. That’s the program that runs the macros. Once you have AHK installed, you can double-click on the macro file to run it.

The macros themselves are just a text document; it’s AHK that binds the keystrokes to the macro commands.

Also, some of the key commands may not be assigned to your Dorico profile (like Ctrl-Alt-P to Propagate Properties… it’s not a default command, you need to add it to the Key Commands.

Mads, do take a look at Notation Express (linked to a couple of times further up this thread). It’s much more fully featured than Dan’s profile and, whilst it depends on some custom shortcuts, a) the keycommands file is provided and b) it doesn’t need AHK or any other external apps.

Sorry to advertise :wink:

So that’s what AHK means… - got it, thank’s :wink:
But NONE of the KC works - not even the ones that are standard (e.g “shift I” for intervals…) :confused:
I can see that stream deck is connected because thing’s happens when I have for example Firefox in foreground…

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. :wink: I reprogrammed a lot of shortcuts. For example, I set Q to open the intervals pop over.

Honestly, pretty much all you get from my profile is the icons. The idea is to show users some ideas, and let them set it up however they want. That’s why you definitely should look at purchasing Leo’s.

ok - got it…
Very nice icons btw…
Thank’s :slight_smile:
Mads

I’ll do that!
Thank’s Leo :slight_smile:

I don’t get it…
Dorico doesn’t accept ANYTHING from Stream Deck - not even a simple F10…
SD works fine in other programs. I drag a hotkey from the right side of SD, assign it to something, have Dorico in the foreground… - nothing happens…
It works in Sibelius.
What am I missing ?

Have you tried the good old fashioned restart yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mads, under Preferences–Profiles, is the Dorico profile set for the active window?

Yes, and SD changes to the Dorico profile when Dorico is in foreground (but only if the SD control panel is closed)…

What happens if you set your Dorico Stream Deck profile to be the default Stream Deck profile?

same thing… - nada :frowning:
f.i. I programmed shift Q - when I’m in this window writing to you and press the icon 4 times I get QQQQ.
But in Dorico - nothing… :confused:
I tried in Sibelius and it works there…

Is Shift+Q (typed on your keyboard) giving you the chord symbols popover within Dorico?

Yes…