String divisi condensing harmonics issue

Sometimes the condensing behaves strangely when I have artificial harmonics.
It works perfect without harmonics, and most places also with harmonics, but some places when I get “a2” or “a3” without harmonics when condensing, I get double or triple note heads with harmonics when condensing.
See attached project or pictures

bar 29, cello 1 and 2.
bar 38, 1st violins 7 and 8
bar 56 cello 1, 2 and 3

Cello bar 56 without harmonics

Limbo Harmonic issue.dorico (1.8 MB)

By the way, thank you for a fantastic program!
All best,
Håkon

Thanks for the feedback, Håkon. I’m afraid that this is a known limitation at the moment, and it’s on our list of things to take care of in future versions. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Hi! I just encountered the same issue with artificial harmonics in Dorico 5. Is it still something that is planned to be fixed?

It is still on the list, yes.

I tried to input manually diamond noteheads instead of artificial harmonics and there is still this problem. Does that mean there is no workaround to fix it?

Can you attach a minimal example that captures the precise situation you’re encountering? I believe Dorico cannot show “a 2” or similar markings for chords: it will always show all notes belonging to all players/sections that are condensed.

There it is :
Projet sans titre 1.dorico (520.5 KB)

I would be glad to know if there is a way to work around this issue, as the formatting of my score is greatly hindered by this unexpected limitation.

Also, I have recently worked extensively with string divisi. I’m not sure if this has been reported, but the copy-paste function only works for one staff at a time, whether it involves notes, playing techniques, dynamics, etc. Another issue I noticed is that the explode function is unable to handle glissandi.

Best,

Francis