String Harmonics Notation

(I couldn’t find this particular issue anywhere else in the forum but please link it if it is.) I’m writing a piece for solo cello and want to indicate the sounding pitch of natural harmonics. This works fine until the touched pitch is the same as the harmonic where the brackets are over both the harmonic (Voice 1 stems down) and desired pitch (voice 2 stems up [stem hidden]), how do I arrange them such that the brackets are only over the desired pitch? I know I could notate this as the circle above to indicate the desired sounding pitch but I would like to keep the notation consistent, in this section, and also to specify which string the harmonic is on because of timbre.
I’ve attached an image of the issue below.
Thanks!
Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 16.12.28.png

I’m a cellist. For natural harmonics where the touched and sounding pitches are the same, don’t use the diamond — just use a regular note, but with a little harmonic circle above it! :smiley:

I also used regular noteheads with the circle for the octave flageolet, and diamond noteheads for the other natural harmonics in my most recent violin piece. My violinist didn’t even notice, and in my understanding, that’s how it should be notated.

While I would suggest taking the advice of the string players on this, if you very much want this notation, you can utilize the “Bracketed Noteheads” and “Note Spacing” sections of the Properties panel. (See attached.)

(If you want to be very explicit about which string, you can always just use a text indication along with the circle-above notation, e.g. “Sul D”)

Roman numerals (mostly below staff) to indicate the string are also quite common, and take less space.

Thank you. The bracketed note-heads and note spacing is useful to know.