String harmonics playback

Chester, this story has not ended for me, as I stepped into a new problem.
I give you an example file. You see some notes played by “I. Geige” and “II. Geige”. I. Geige has an Expression map with Transposition -24 for harmonics, II. Geige not. I. Geige plays the first bars correctly, but in bar 6 the transposition of the EP is nort executed. In II. Geige, which has no transposition in the EP, the transposition is executed in the notes itself - and the sound is correct.
In this thread: Problem with a transposing expression map entry - #23 by SampoKasurinen has found out: "I investigated this a bit further: It’s not only harmonics, but it seems that the transpose -function in general does not work if a playback technique with articulation type “direction” is triggered.

Steps to reproduce:

in your expression map (for any library), assign arbitary transposition value to for example pizzicato -technique

in the score, place any playing technique with articulation type “direction” before it. It may be listed as an add-on technique in the expression map, but that doesn’t actually matter.

Pizzicatos are not transposed anymore (but are still triggered)

I hope I’m right with this, since I don’t want to waste your time… :slight_smile: But this seems how it behaves on my computer."

In this folder you can find the dorico file and the nkm-file for Kontakt 6: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/pbtjz8y5y49qdpewjs9s2/h?rlkey=8vpi3xkfx3oshli1rdbythvnu&dl=0
Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?
Thank you, lupus2

1 Like