Struggling to get going, sound problems suspected

That’s a crash in Dorico itself. The London guys will have a look at it on Monday.

JustusR, what were you doing exactly at the time of the crash? Were you in the Edit Names dialog, or somewhere else? The crash is basically in the underlying Qt code and the stack doesn’t show what Dorico itself was doing at the time of the crash, so we need a bit more info from you to try and look into that crash any further.

Hi Daniel,

I was definitely trying to edit names of players/instruments, in SETUP mode (the crash happened twice, at the same moment). As per a separate post, I had three trumpets imported through MusicXML, and they had “in Bb” as part of their name. I suspected at the time that was why they wouldn’t condense (now I’m no longer so sure that’s the reason), and I tried to remove the “in Bb” from the instrument name.

I tried both to edit the name straight in the “blue box” through right-click-> rename, and I think that’s where the crash happened, although I also tried to ‘left-click->Edit Names’ on the instrument one level lower (still not sure what the difference is, but that’s not important) to open an edit dialogue, and it might have happened there.

Note that it is the same project as the one with the trumpet transposition (see other post), so feel free to have a look. However, they are no longer the same trumpets, as I completely “rebuilt” the players in an attempt to bypass the problem.

Thanks. I’ve not seen any other reports of crashing in the Edit Names dialog, and so far I’ve been unable to make the program crash with your project. But I’ll keep an eye out for similar reports in the future.

OK, no worries. I tried but couldn’t replicate the problem here either (with the “new” trumpets), sorry.