Struggling with tryomg to Upgrade from LE 10 to Pro 10

I could not find a video or step by step instructions to Upgrade from LE 10 to Pro 10. This is my situation

1. I have worked with LE 10 for last 6 months, I bought PRO upgrade and USB eLicence
  2. Registered USB eLicence but could not enter the Activation Code of the newly bought Pro , Attached JPEG shows what I get

did you do the update in your my steinberg account already?

If you haven’t already done so, you need to transfer the LE license to the USB-eLicenser first. After that, the upgrade code should be accepted. I think …

With any luck, you might be within the grace period for Cubase 11. If I were you I would probably hold off on activating until 11 is released :wink: .

Thanks for the response and Tip. Do you know when is Pro 11 due?

Some say today, others say tomorrow…

Cubase Pro 11 did just come out, less than 24 hours after I bought the upgrade. I have not activated it yet, How do I go about requesting Pro 11, call Steibnberg?

Simply activate the license you bought…

Thanks. That’s what the support person at Steinberg also told me. He mentioned they are having issues with Licence Database so can’t really do it right now.

How is Cubase technical proficiency? Compared to Pro Tools or Logic Pro. Not going to switch but asking for the reference.
Upgrading has been a pain, I have to open a ticket. There should have been a step by step YouTube video for first-timers. It’s a convoluted process, not intuitive.

This Licencing system is another a pain. Is this industry standard?

I’m not sure what you mean by “technical proficiency”. :confused:

I have never felt pain while upgrading.

I have never felt pain due to the “Licencing” system.

By the way, the message in your original image clearly states what needed to be done.

I don’t really think there is an “industry standard”. Many people have complained about Steinberg’s licensing system. I have never experienced any difficulties. :neutral_face:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=202313

This might have something to do with your difficulties.

ALL DONE
Working on Pro 11 first Project

Thanks for all the Help

YES, Seems like it. I was on a Tech Support call today. 20 People ahead of me, I had to hang up after an hour (meetings). When I tried again in the evening, It went through fine. The message said the upgrade is automatic to Pro 11.

Thanks a lot for your help

Awesome. I’m glad things are working for you now. It’s sounds like this has been a seriously embarrassing and unfortunate situation for Steinberg during a big, new release. Best of luck to you from here on out! :sunglasses: