The problem is somewhat random but has now happened on three separate occasions - the process is:
- I ‘Freeze’ a track that contains several plugins but 2 of them (on this occasion Fabfilter Pro-MB & Pro-L2) are placed below (after) the ‘pre-fade’ divider on a channel.
- When I un-freeze the channel the plugins beneath the pre-fade divider are no longer responsive. Also, those plugins cannot be removed from their slot or replaced.
- If I completely uninstall the offending plugins from the computer and re-open the project the plugin is reported as missing and it appears that I can then remove them. However any new plugin I place in those slots does not respond.
- When I re-install the plugins on the computer they somehow reappear in their original slot even if I have saved over the project with an alternative plugin in its place.
- The problem has never occurred when only one plugin is used pre-fade or the two plugins are placed before the pre-fade divider.
- FWIW I have tried creating a new project and importing via ‘Tracks from Project…’ but the fault follows the track into the new project. I have also tried saving the channels ‘FX Chain Preset’ & ‘Track Preset’ but the fault appears embedded with the presets.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
My system is:
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.66 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon
16 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1GB)
Mac OS 10.11.6
Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.5 64bit (updated last week to 9.5.30 Build 192)