Studio Live 3 not showing in Cubase 10.5..

Try this:

In studio setup click on the + sign (top left)
Select Mackie control
click in Remote devices on Mackie control
Select Midi input and midi output (top right)

Delta

Hi,

I’m afraid this will not work. The MIDI In Port is not present in Cubase… What’s puzzling me.

Have you tried to reinstall the driver, please? Have you tried to use other USB Port?

Why does Cubase ignore it?

Hi Guys and thanks for replying… The DAW control on the Studiolive 3 uses the Ethernet port…

Hi,

Then the question is, if PreSonus makes some tricks for direct communication between Studio One and Studio Live. I’m still puzzling, in Logic, you can simple set Mackie Control Device, and there are MIDI Ports available. Is it kind of virtual MIDI Port?

You are on Windows (right?), it might be, this virtual MIDI port works on Mac only.

I’m on windows 10 Pro…It has worked for me on my old PC… But not on this one… When I troubleshoot the Ethernet port I get a message “Ethernet Doesn’t have a valid IP Connection”…I’m considering A complete reinstall of Windows and all my software… Hate having to do that as it is two days work or more…

Hi,

Maybe also your Firewall or Antivirus is involved?

If you dont have a valid IP connection then no way studiolive will show as a midi port and Cubase wont see a thing. What Im saying is even if Cubase wont allow any control at all your midi port should show up in Cubase, unless Presonus is doing some weird thing with the networking app with the StudioLive

Thanks Guys for all your suggestions and help… took the whole lot to a computer shop locally where the tech guy had a look but he couldn’t figure it out… so I’m doing a clean install and hope this works… any guidance regarding this gratefully accepted…
John

I didi a complete reinstall and everything works fine now… It would seem that some files bacame corrupted during tha last install which caused the problems…
Thanks to all here for their help and advice…

Hi,

I’m glad has been solved and it works for you now.

Its a pity we couldn’t find a fix as a coplete reinstall is very time consuming…
Thanks again Martin…