Studio mood lighting

Dave’s my hero! :laughing: :smiling_imp:

Sweet!
How much did ya pay 'em Dave? :wink:

I thought this thread was about lights … not fans! :laughing:

:smiley: I’ma gonna have to buy a fan at some point - my ‘studio’ is so small that when I switch everything on it soon heats up. This has been quite nice and cosy during the winter months, but come the summer it’s gonna be Betty Swallox time :open_mouth: !

Dave lights up our lives! :cry: :laughing: :angry: :wink:

Well…got to have a Lava Lamp… :sunglasses:
But i’m satisfied with one of these…right now…

The light from the monitors isn’t enough…
Still lookin for an illuminated keyboard…

A Lava lamp belongs in every bonfide studio - I think it’s a law or something. :smiley:

LEDs are definitely the way to go!

Cold White for down lights. These can be switched to come on singly or in pairs if you don’t want a dimmer.

For mood lighting, nothing beats RGB LED strips mounted behind edges or otherwise indirectly. These can be purchased in meter long (or longer) strips and come with a remote control so you can dial up any colour lighting at any intensity you want.

Never thought about this before, but can you use a normal dimmer on LED lights?

Would be good to know! Thx

Ya, thanks for that! I shoulda googled, just no time currently… :blush:

PHOTOSHOP :stuck_out_tongue:

I use eco-friendly low-energy lamps. :nerd:

Okay , here’s how I got the picture ;
I googled " Dave Fry " out of curiosity and found two other namesake musicians , a folk singer guitarist in the UK ( duly bought his CD ) and a guitarist in the USA who has made a DVD entitled " Learn To Play Guitar With Dave Fry " for children . I lifted the pic from Dave Fry ( UK ) 's site .

Back to topic ;
How about inexpensive sound activated LED ( cool running ) DJ or stage lights like these :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flower-Disco-Light-Effect--20LED/dp/B001RGS46I/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1297975613&sr=1-21

Right then, I rescind my Dave-fandom! :laughing: It was all a sham!

Cool lights though, beautiful plumage!