Studio Widows?

Hey all, just had an interesting chat with a house guest over the weekend, friend of a friend whom I’d not met before, and turns out to be a Logic user with a sem-pro studio. After the usual GAS and spec comparisons, I asked him how well the wife (he’s in his 30’s with a small kid) takes it when he goes into his “studio-trance”… you know, the one where you forget about time, eating, hygiene, the kids, etc… because you are wrapped up in a project, whether your own or a customer’s… I can relate, I zone out big time when I get the opportunity… (as recently as last night :smiley: )

Anyone here got some good stories or life lessons for us? My other half endures my absences, or when I am working at home, bites her lip when she’s overheard the click for several hours, etc… perhaps not all “other halfs” are forgiving? :unamused: :laughing:

Wow, 30 views of this topic so far, and not one response. Are you all single? Or taking the 5th? :laughing:

Hi all,

I have a very understanding “better half” who rarely gets to see me after 8:00 pm., in fact I think she welcomes the peace and quiet she gets while I am in my “mancave”!!!

Apparently she gets to catch up on the important things in life (TV soap’s, the talent shows, the dancing shows etc. etc.) so she appears to happy with my hobby!!

I must be blessed!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers all,

Jim B

My biggest gripe (which really is nothing) is when she slams the bedroom door shut with “just the right force” for me to hear it during a late night recording session or when I am listening through my monitors at a late hour. The nerve of her being mad at ME because I am keeping HER awake. :wink:

I suppose I should be a bit more considerate at that hour but, sometimes inspiration can’t be stopped. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Regards :sunglasses:

… uh … what was the question? :mrgreen:

Right, I’ll do you for that… I’m calling Mrs.Swamptoned :laughing:

I went from 10 hours of music time per day, when she met me to 1-2 hours per day now that we live together. To be honest it drives me crazy that I can’t work on anything.

Well…I’ve got it made, I have a superbabe ex model wife…(the perk that comes with being a photographer) who is a writer, so she spends as much time in her study as I spend in my studio…no pressure from me to her or her to me…awesome!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

best, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My studio was only for this purpose, but after 13 years I saw a washing machine, cross trainer and steps and drying apparatus appear. Seriously disappointing ! Time for a laptop and camper!