I posted last year about a bug happening sometimes, and I guess I found the culprit.
I made a sub-montage with pink noise, and put external processing “plug-in” in inspector. On the analog side is only a soundcard roundtrip. I also tried as render through master section and had the same effect.
Firt, try the plug-in stock
And render. It is as it should, with the roundtrip delay.
Let wavelab detect the latency
Then render. You see there is a gap, it’s exactly 256 samples here, the size of my audiocard buffer.
If manually, I try other latency, it works as it should up top a point. Exemple with 19 ms, it bugs also : audio starts at 2 ms as it should, then another 256 samples of silence.
Until last week, I did not had my previous problem in 6 months (random 256 buffers of silence inserted on rendered sub-montage through external processing) but since I insert 1sec of silence at the beginning of everyfile, I did notice that small bug but didn’t care for it as it was harmless. Now I tend to think it may be linked.
I tried with the option “reset plugins before render” both on and off and it’s the same.
edit: can’t embed pictures for now