Subject Comments

The musical publications in which I participate plan to include not only the transcribed score, but also the entire historical and bibliographic part of the author as well as the musicological part of the piece.
To do this I use Word, but since Dorico has the “Comments” function, I wonder if it is possible to expand this function and create it as an “evolved mini word processor” and therefore an object that can also be positioned in an area of the publication.

With the possibility of inserting glyphs such as flats, sharps etc. etc. or inserting notations such as C3 (with the “3” as superscript).
Then you can export it with .ODT or .docx files.
My job would be easier.

Thanks

Le pubblicazioni musicali a cui partecipo prevedono di includere oltre che la partitura trascritta, anche tutta la parte storica e bibliografica dell’autore oltreché la parte musicologica del brano.
Per fare questo mi avvalgo di Word, ma visto che su Dorico c’è la funzione “Commenti”, mi chiedo se è possibile ampliare questa funzione e crearla come un “mini word processor evoluto” e quindi un oggetto posizionabile anche in una zona della pubblicazione.

Con la possibilità di inserire glifi come i bemolle, i diesis ecc ecc oppure inserire notazioni tipo Do3 (con il “3” come apice).
Poi poterlo esportare con file .ODT oppure .docx.
Il mio lavoro sarebbe più agevole.

Grazie

1 Like

Have you considered using Bravura Text (or even MusGlyphs) for relevant symbols in a standard text document for such material, since you say you will export it as .ODT anyway?

No.
However, I noticed that the “comments” object cannot be configured very much.
I just thought it would be a good thing not to have to tweak multiple times to get a result that, if it were a word processor, I could only do the job once.

Maybe not the same thing, but there is an “export” feature of the comments panel at the bottom - it’s not a giant leap from there to a word processor - just copy and paste…

edit: in case any Steinberg employees are following the thread - pressing the “add comment” button without selecting anything allows you to input a comment but it appears to then disappear into nothingness…

And of course they are following, as always.

This also happens if I select a system object and make a comment. Is it really just discarded with no notice? Or does it go to some hidden place?

You shouldn’t be able to create a comment via the action bar in the Comments panel if there’s no selection, and indeed that’s how it works in our current development build (though I imagine it’s not like that in Dorico 3.5). Comments need to know what staff to be attached to, so system-attached items are not properly handled at present. I’ll make a note of this and try to sort that out at some point in the future.

1 Like

Thanks… :slight_smile: