Suddenly ASIO meter spikes

Naw man, that screenshot was like 10 minutes running. I got rid of the hard pagefaults, by removing the (what I assumed inactive) MS anti virus. I am guessing, that even with internet off, it was trying to update.

But guess what? I still get that stupid ASIO peak…

Still working on it.

Again man, thank you so much for helping me out. I need someone to vent on right now. :slight_smile:

Jimmy

I’m only using two instances of Transient Monster at this point. Nothing else is running.

Again, it isn’t that I don’t have the resources. When Cubase is running idle, the peaks in CPU happen semi-randomly. I’m not actually seeing anything outside of Cubase, but that is the only place I have the meter that shows a problem.

It seems to be some other program that is trying to find a way out. Like a bad kitty. :slight_smile:

I just can’t seem to find it. :frowning:

Reading your signature I see that you are running C6 32 bit on your Win7 64 bit machine? Really?

Hi

Naw man, that screenshot was like 10 minutes running.

4min 58secs :=)

Under the menu at the top you get the detailed information what was causing this peak

Stats processes drivers… used it long time ago so just don^t know atm where to check but up there you will find the solutions for the peaks.

BTW all energysaving options turned off? like usb powermanagment (check it in the devicemanager) hardrive etc?

Greetz Bassbase

I’m thinking that this has something to do with the issue.

Yes, 32-bit Cubase. I don’t need the extra memory, if I could just get rid of the demon that is haunting me right now. Audio tracks only in my world. Well, some drum replacement at times, but no need yet to go 64-bit.

Or maybe I am just stupid. I seem to be right now so…

Hmm

Weird unknown device???
If you check the by rightclicking all those usbentrys (all energysave options turned off?)

Use holy water, a cross and a preacher of your trust to get rid off the deamon :smiling_imp:

Greetz Bassbase

I’m ready to call the church man.

I don’t have the option by right clicking to get to any advanced properties in Device Manager. Maybe I am in the wrong place?

Now, I can’t even get Cubase to play without dropouts.

I feel like my baby just left home. :frowning:

What the hell? According to everything, my performance is fine, memory fine. But it is not fine in any way!

I don’t know what to do here.

Everything was perfect two months ago. Should I bother trying a System Restore?

Hmm

Seems to be right place

Autodefrag turned off? Autoupdates dowload turned off?

I personnaly don’t like the resotre of windows itself make my own backups.
But it can’t get worse as you write…

Greetz Bassbase

I know right?!?

System Restore failed anyway. Error retrieving some file.

I think I might be that screwed to reinstall Windows. Friggen lame!

What happends if you disconnect all usb hard except mouse and keyboard?

No existing backup after setting up studio?

So best wished to get system running smoothly again… soon

And don’t forget always have a backup just for the case.

Greetz Bassbase

Hi jimmys69,

May I ask, does your asio meter spikes to all ur project? on a specific project? or before u even open any project…
I remember I had this spiking issues before…

As it turn out, it was a faulty KVM switch, that caused all of the issues. I removed it from my system, and just put another monitor on my desk for the internet PC, and all is good.

In fact, better now! I just upgraded to C7! :smiley:

Congrats to get the ghost out of the machine…

Have fun and looking forward to hear from u

Greetz Bassbase

Just add ad post to clarify. It was absolutely the KVM switch that caused the issue.

Figured I’d post for search reasons. Not that anyone would find this…

C7 and my system running perfectly since removing the faulty hardware. Well, except for the 7.0.1 update. It has issues that I can’t play well with. Otherwise, smooth sailing!

:smiley:

May I ask how did you come in conclusion that it was the KVM switch? Because I’m having similiar issues (random spikes without any clear reason) and wondering where should I start looking the solution…

I had tried everything else I could think of. Even purchasing a new interface, thinking that had to be the issue. I gave up and took my whole system in to a tech to go through everything. Everything worked perfectly until the KVM switch was plugged in. Then crazy spikes. I just bought another monitor, instead of sharing one with the KVM. All is good now.