Suddenly CB Pro 11 doesn't open, asks Activation code and fails

Hello folks !
Three days days ago I wanted to open my Cubase Pro 11 and it suddenly says “No valid License found” and asks for Activation. I put the Activation Code and then the eLicenser shows up but… it shows an older Soft-eLicenser number. Trying to update it never works, it says no software corresponding to that number! Never the less, on ‘My Steinberg’ I see the new Soft-eLicenser Number for Cubase Pro 11 updated. So no way to do anything else, I’ve tried all options proposed, uninstalled, reinstalled eLicenser… it’s hopeless !
Is there any solution to that problem? My work is blocked for already a 4th day !
Thanks in advance !

Is your USB key plugged in?

It is a Soft-eLicenser, that was coming with every new upgrade, not a USB key. Since long time I work without a USB dongle. It can’t be now that suddenly it will ask me for a USB key !

This is impossible. The soft elicense is only for Cubase Elements, LE and AI.
Are you certain you interpreted the information correctly?

Well, I use Cubase since 20+ years! My last upgrade and update was for Cubase 11.0.20. It worked just fine. On ‘My Steinberg’ I see that product with its Soft-eLinceser numer corresponding to Cubase 11. And I see now, I have the USB dongle plugged which I had totally forgotten since plugging it for Cubase Artist! So that’s it.

Finally, my bad, I see now, I have the USB dongle plugged which I had totally forgotten since plugging it for Cubase Artist! So I unplugged and re-plugged it. But I stupidly un-installed Cubase 11 and now when I try to re-download it with ‘Steinberg Download Assistant’ it gives an error message and I’m stuck. Still, the previous Cubase 10.5 that I always kept installed works without an issue!

Hail folks, just to say that all the problem is solved.
Thanks to all of you who gave feedback.

Long live the natural intelligence !

You’re welcome from all of us – me, myself and I!