Yesterday morning I worked with Cubase 8 Pro as usual and no problems. I did a mixdown and switched off. Last night I wanted to work again but suddenly there is no audio activity at all. When I look in the mixer none of the instruments show any audio activity. I changed nothing in my set up of my computer because after the mixdown I left. After this I did the following:
- Tried with other songs, the same result.
- Went back to older versions of Cubase, no audio either.
- Uninstalled and then reinstalled 8. Did not solve the problems.
- Trashed the pref folder, nothing.
- Changed the ASIO settings, nope.
Other software works normally, even VST The Grand in stand alone mode works normally. So the problem must be within Cubase. I noticed that the start up of Cubase goes normally but when I load a song the window that shows the mixer is being loaded flashes a couple of times. The song loads quicker compared to yesterday morning.
I have searched the internet all night but I cannot find any solution to this problem. Hope with your help I can work again as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help