SUGGESTION: Instrument names in score

Hey there,

I would like to be able to:

• write Corno (F) and then 1,2 (preferably one on top of two),
  • Write ‘Oboe’ as a group and then have the staves be 1, 2 and 3
  • Write ‘Violino piccolo, Violino I’ and ‘Violoncello, Violone grosso e Continuo’.

Is there a flexible way to do this?

And also: how do I make a bar rest in the horn to show, that the first measure is horn 2?

Brandenburg No.1?

@Bryla,
You might want to retitle this thread “SUGGESTION: Instrument names in score
to call the Development Team’s attention to its purpose. You can Edit and alter the thread title in your original post.

Yes. I can’t convert to Dorico so I’m using downtime to engrave whatever scores I have.

Thanks!

We will be adding more flexible staff labeling options as we continue to develop the software, so please hang in there.

To find out about how to add another voice to an existing staff (which is what you need to do if you want a bar rest to show in your combined horn staff), see the FAQ thread.

Thanks, Daniel!

The Horn voice was indeed input in voice 2 – that’s why I was wondering.

I presume by this you mean it won’t be added in the November update?

There are some improvements to staff labeling in 1.0.10, but not a completely comprehensive set of options. We will continue to add further improvements along these lines as quickly as we can, relative to the priority of everything else we have to work on.

This is not a priority, and doesn’t need to be treated as one. The existing tools, and I presume the improvements added in 1.0.10 will be more than enough for the time being. I was just curious, that’s all! :slight_smile:

Is there a way of editing the Instrument name onto two lines?

i.e.

Clarinetto
principale in A

I’m afraid not at the moment, but this is something we will introduce in the future.