Suggestion: shortcut key changes grid based on meter

Here’s a suggestion:

I regularly change the grid value using alt+shift+L/R arrow.

But I always have to skip the dot values if I’m in simple meter.

What about making the shortcut key toggle between non-dotted values if you’re in simple meter? In 4/4, you’d never want a dotted value for the grid. And even if you did, you could click to select it.

Interesting! But for me, I have to say that there are enough cases where I need dotted values in the grid, even in simple meter, that I prefer it the way it is - consistency is valuable.

Really? I’m not incredulous, just curious. I can’t think of a time where I’d want that.

I typically use the grid for placing notes in the middle of a measure or changing rhythmic duration using the shortcut keys. Or for shifting groups of notes. What sort of usage do you find requires a dotted rhythmic value?

I do admit it’s a small thing. Which speaks to the thoroughness of the team. I’ve had a handful of minor suggestions like this, but usually I find myself saying, “This really isn’t even worth suggesting.”

Really? I’m not incredulous, just curious. I can’t think of a time where I’d want that.

Lots of times, for instance if I’m moving something to a syncopated position in a bar, having the dotted grid is useful; or if I’m changing a duration in a fiddly way, and have to change lots of notes at once; etc. etc. I’d miss those dots if they weren’t there - the only exception is the dotted 16th, which I think I’ve used, like, once.