- Today, the popover needs to be invoked (or fingering icon pressed) over every note where a fingering is needed. Perhaps it can work like more lyrics where you can enter the information then advance by keystroke to the next note while still in lyrics mode, which increases speed of entry.
- Ability to select multiple notes (perhaps filtering the entire part for a certain pitch) and add the same fingering to each note in one operation.
- For common instruments (like trumpet), select one or more notes and the standard fingerings are auto-entered.
- That’s not correct. You can advance the popover to the next note. It was added in version 3, I believe.
- You can already do this using the properties panel. Select multiple notes, and set the fingering property in the panel.
- I see - one must filter for notes first when selecting passages across barlines. ✓
Copied from the online manual:
When adding fingerings to existing notes, move the popover in one of the following ways:
- To advance the popover to the next note/chord in the current voice, press Space.
- To move the popover back to the previous note/chord in the current voice, press Shift-Space.
- To advance the popover to the first note/chord in the current voice in the next bar, press Tab.
- To move the popover back to the first note/chord in the current voice in the previous bar, press Shift-Tab.
- To move the cursor and popover to the right/left and to the next/previous note/fingering in the current voice, press Right Arrow/Left Arrow.
Thanks. r.e. #1 I need to stop watching the older videos.
May I add that if there’s fingering on grace notes (like all the time with electric guitar…), you need to filter for those separately…