Support: how long does it take to get a reply?

I put in a support request on 14th January and have still not received a reply. I sent a reminder the other day, but still nothing.
Is it normal for it to take 10 days or more?
:frowning:

Wow, 16 days and still no response??? How about some customer service guys?
:unamused:

What do you need help with?

That’s extremely kind of you!
My ticket said:

H_i
I have used Halion Sonic for a long time. In December I tried a demo of Cubase and it installed Halion Sonic SE. I decided not to proceed with Cubase so uninstalled it. After that whenever I loaded a project in Sonar got the attached error message (File 1). (My main full Halion Sonic still loads and plays ok).
I went into Control Panel and uninstalled any Steinberg items with ‘SE’ in their name. But I still get the error pop up. Attached - File 2 - is a screenshot of what is left in Control/Panel/Uninstall for Steinberg. Do any of these need deleting to stop this error? If not, what else can I do to stop this pop up?
Many thanks._

http://www.thephoenixtrio.com/Halion Sonic Error_1.jpg
http://www.thephoenixtrio.com/Halion Sonic Error_2.jpg

Close your DAW and run the Halion Library Manager, then scroll down and remove Flux.

If this doesn’t work for some reason, these presets are by default stored in C:\Users{{USERNAME}}\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_232_HSSE_Flux_Presets.vstsound

Hi

Many thanks.
In that directory I have 19 files/sounds which I assume must be the basic ones installed by the Cubase installation of SE. I renamed the ‘flux’ one and when I then launched Halion Sonic inside Sonar I didn’t get the usual error message, although when I opened the Halion Sonic GUI there I got an error message ‘flux’ was now missing, but I now had an option to ‘Remove’ it, which I clicked and all seems well now.

So it seems these sounds are being called from there when Halion Sonic is launched. I’ve searched the registry and there is a folder ‘Steinberg HALion Sonic SE Content’ and within that a folder ‘Content’ containing 24 entries. I’m wondering if I should delete those (taking a reg backup first of course…)

Or maybe just leave well enough alone if there are no error messages!

John

few weeks if you even get a reply,
steinberg’s support is unbelievably bad