@support please: MIDI routing

Hi,

at last a short explanation from a developer.The Note-Expression data are “unpacked” after the MIDI-Inserts. So You can`t see them in the MIDI-Monitor and can’t process them in the Transformer plugin. As the CC-Note-Expression-Data inherit the channel from their “parent” - note, You can process the MIDI-Channel in the Transformer.
The Bug here is, that the VST3-Events and other functionality appear as a target in the Transformer-Plugin, which will be fixed in the next version.
No other changes planned …

Werner Kracht

Thank You!

That menas that is not thought to use NE as controller for anything in the .cpr (via MidiTrack out > LoopBack > GR > QC > anything)
so the workaround needs a workaround:
MidiTrack > with NE Data > MidiSend> Loopback > Miditrack > Transformer > Loopback > GR > QC > to the “filter in another channel”

Please Steinberg Team: make AutoamtionsChannels with LFO, ENV, NOTE2Pitch, NE2Midi plugins for us, and sends… FEATURE REQUEST - Automation - #4 by Loop_Breaker - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Example: You ve got a Synthline with one MidiTrack and to synths via MIDI Send:
The two synths are summed in a groupe and their is a Filter wainting for them also controlled by the 3rd MidiSend.

Now we want to use NE to control the Cutoff of the Filter which should also be moved when the note is moved: a NE feature…

When you use TabSel’S workaround (by normal midi) just select the CC of the Event, set Midi-Track-Output to LoopBackQC, learn the LoopBackQC, and done…

I understand the usecase for modern music like Dubstep.
The music would be nothing without growl basses or fat wobble bass sounds.

The only way to archive this is to control a synth and Insert FX together with midi macros.

For example I take a growl FM8 sound from Skrillex.
He has done this sound with Ableton Live and Native Instruments FM8 and some FX plugins.
Ableton Live has the ability to map a lot of midi controllers to one knob to control them.
You can select the range of the parameters and the direction of midi cc (1->127 or 127->1).
This is the only way to get a living bass sound.
You play a note and change the sound completely.
One knob controls the LFO for the Filterwobble, 2 Parametric EQs that move in opposite ways, distortion of FX Plugin etc.
This Mapping can also be done with Kore 2 Midi Macros.
It is like the Quick Controls in Cubase in an extended way.
Here is a description of the Macro Controls in Ableton:

Map Mode 7:13 for example.

It would be great to see Controller Macros for Quick Controls like in Ableton Live or in Kore 2.
These Quick Controls must then be available in the Note Expression Tab and we have Controller Heaven :wink:

and do you don’t think an extra Channel-Type (the Fader is the equal to the “Macro-Knob”) for Automation, which you can send to multiple (maybe 8) “QuickControls”?
and insert for example an LFO, Note>Automation, Env…

Some other use-cases:

Thanks Werner, had been in holiday.

If you repeat the steps I mentioned above, you’ll notice that the transformer in a midi insert allows you to alter the Channel of the MIDI note (parent), and the VST expression MIDI CC data independently, but erroneous.

Do somebody know, why such things aren’t already integrated?.
There are so many very nice features. you can control with the QuickControls ANYTHING you want:
Why you can’t reach QuickControls via NoteExpression?
you can’t use a Midi-Track to control a Automation (Quickontrols can:
Workaround: Miditrack>LFO
Output>LoopMidi
LoopMidi>GR
128 GR slots > 16 MidiTracks = 128 Quickcontrols for Workaround.
once done:
Just select the CC (Transformer) and on learn on the corresponding QC slot (CC9 = 2nd MidiTrack /1.st QC Slot) what you want to control…
done.)

So we can put Automation in Events, use plugins and so on.
Now we`ve got NoteExpression and have to buy for evrything a own plugin to use the ful feature set of the sequencer. But i have already many plugins i want to use…

There is a Device Pannel we could learn on the .cpr
what is when we use more than 8 inserts, it could look better,
what is when more than 5 VSTi should reached with one track?

please

@Loop Breaker: I am probably setting myself up for a “Duh!” moment, but what is “GR” in your diagram?

Como

GR = Gerneric Remote (can control everything but no learn, but can control QCs of existing tracks)
QC = Quick Control (control everything with learn, but only 8 per track “and directly learnable” so use 128QCs of 16tracks via GR, the 16 tracks just needed because their QCs)
NE = Note Expression (can ad multiple Automation data to a note [has to be supported from the plugin and currently no serious way to convert to CC)
CC= Continuous Control (“MIDI Data” for a knob for example…)

Thanks!

I knew all the others, but someone else may come along and need all the info.

Como

no Problem :smiley: I hope other “Electronic Muisc Producers” also check out whats going on here and push.

sorry TabSel for spamming youre Thread with my Feature Request but, I think it’s imortaint to make the developer relize that there is a great leg (in every DAW), so if Steinberg would “repair” the Midi-Transformer we would also need youre “Miditrack>MidiLoopBack>GR>QConDummyMidiTracks Workaround” to acces all parameters, and there is also no possibilety to send to multiple Targets as the Midi-Sends…

Sorry for another OT tangent but wouldn’t it be nice to have a total makeover of the Device Panels to fit the needs of the music being produced in 2012. [Learn] functionality for anything that arrives at the MIDI port including SysEx and a completely decryptified (which apparently isn’t even a word so use your brain :mrgreen: ) SysEx editing window when you need to punch in hex code. Anybody who tried to edit the hex code in the present Device Panels probably would very much have liked the thing to be decryptified! The device panels was such a brilliant concept that just went down the drain. It has even more potential with VST3 and what has been discussed in this topic, I imagine without checking, because right now it’s a dead end street? Even if it’s not until Cubase 8 I’d love to see it back in shape? Sorry once again for OT

Bottom line: The DP tool is in place and it “only” needs an update.

When i try to create a divice-pannle Cubase carsh’s. (win7 sp1 x64)

I think the best way would be own Automations-Channels/Tracks where you can anmount 8 Destinations (Sends),
insert Plugins like LFO, Env, Note2Pitch…
have this Channels/Tracks as NoteExpression Target,
and for Device Pannels, so a Knob could control many things at once [ + LFO, Env, Note2Pitch…).

Best Regards