Surface Midi Remote Command

Not really, you have to code for that in the script.

@oqion
My idea is to replicate the same logic of the BCR script with 2 main pages: 1 for channel edit and 1 simil Mackie HUI. Users could create a blank page for custom assignements using Cubase midi remote editor.

Thinking about midi integration I assumed everything is the same as BCR, except for faders. I binded them starting from CC81, according to user manual. I wonder if in the BCF menu it is is possible to set faders to work in relative mode acting like encoders or we must send pitch bend values.

@Martin.Jirsak thinks it has to be pitch bend I believe. He would know better than me.

What I did with the LCXL is to create a whole page just for non global assignments. But I tend to test out global assignments before adding them to the script. Then duplicate this default page in the script. You canā€™t duplicate it in the UI because it still acts like what @doriosypos is trying to avoid.

Hi,

Yes, in the P1, the faders send and receive CCs81-88.

This is not necessary. The fades are motorized, they will be at the correct position.

1 Like

You can programm faders to send CC NRPN and BP. The rel option is only for encoders.

Iā€™m PMing you a JS file. I really donā€™t know if it is going to work, but maybe @Giampaolo_Gesuale can take a look too.

If/when it does work, then we can post it back here.

Hi,

I have adapted @Giampaolo_Gesualeā€™s BCF2000 script so itā€™s working already. I donā€™t know, if Iā€™m allowed to post it publicly hereā€¦

2 Likes

Yay! please do, and also push it to github so we can all get our hands on it. :slight_smile:
ā€¦allowed? LOLā€¦or do you mean by Steinberg?

Hi,

I mean by @Giampaolo_Gesuale, he wrote the majority of the BCF2000 code.

1 Like

:wink: Already made a pull request on Steinberg GitHub repository.

3 Likes