Survey suggest Steinberg considering subscription model

I went over the 3 computers and ipads in our house to see if there are other software and app uses that are based in any proposed model as mentioned above and all are PC based computers except 1 which is a MacBook Pro. The only one I could find is on the Mac and it was Adobe… However, it remains inactive since the change over. My daughter used it for her work but they seem to have moved onto something else in their graphic department.

I remember she paid over $1100.00 at one time a few yrs. back… big waste 'o money

I suspect if one DAW company does the rent-a-DAW subscription model, they all will be doing the same thing.

If the negative sentiments expressed on this board reflect the community as a whole, I see a golden opportunity for hard disc recorder manufacturers to step in and make a killing by adding a few things like Melodyne, Comp Tools, and even plug-ins (like the ones on the back of the old Yamaha Motif Classic).

Back to the future!

A subscription based DAW is the worst idea ever.

Tom

Word!

Then what?
Where are you going to go?
The game is changing.

‘Should I stay or should I go’? —clash
{‘-’}

This is something i’ve said is going to happen for 5 or 6 years or so… unfortunately it’s inevitable… i do not like it one little bit personally for various reasons…

NOT happy with this direction at all!!

If one cannot afford a DAW, there are tons of pro audio dealers out there allowing you to make payments on it without interest. This new scheme wouldn’t benefit anybody but Steinberg, and maybe not even them once the better half of their userbase dropped them.

Then they would just raise the price to the other half that will stay and will pay
and ‘bob’s yer uncle’.

{‘-’}

They could offer an optional subcription model, but I would still like to buyout my software.

Sure they could “rent” a Cubase license (that is what a subscription is) for a month, three months or year, but I´m not sure who would actually use that option…